- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Granting the right permissions to the right people is key to using Tempo for Cloud effectively in your company. Different permissions are used to control accessibility to certain data or to be able to do certain tasks in Tempo.
Tempo uses three types of permissions:
- Global Permissions: These are high-level Jira Global permissions that are applied to the Jira site on which your Tempo apps are installed. When you install a Tempo app, several of Tempo's own permissions are added here, as described in Global Permissions. These permissions are about giving people access to Tempo products, as well as specifying the key people for administering Tempo for your company.
You need to have Jira administrator permissions to grant any of these Global permissions.
- Project Permissions: These are project-level Jira permissions that affect access to Jira projects, their issues, and time records in Tempo. Several basic Jira project permissions need to be granted to Tempo users, as well as the Time Tracking permissions, as described in Project Permissions.
You need to have Jira administrator permissions to grant any of these Project permissions.
- Team Permissions: These are Tempo's own set of permissions that are related to Tempo teams and Tempo worklog and plan data. Team permissions are granted to users who are in Permission Roles, as described in Creating Team Permission Roles. Then only those users can access the worklog or plan data from the members of that team.
To access all permissions from within Tempo:
- Go to Tempo Settings in Tempo's sidebar and select Permission Overview.
You will see this setting only if you have any of these permissions: Jira administrator, Tempo Administrator, Tempo Team Administrator, Tempo Account Administrator, or Manage Team (which Team Leads have by default for their own teams).
- Click the icon for the type of permission you want to set: Global, Project, or Team.
- Click the text link that opens the related location in either Jira or Tempo.
- Set the permissions you need as per instructions in Global Permissions, Project Permissions, or Team Permissions.
|Rw pagetree macro|