Creating and deleting permission roles for a team requires the Manage Team permission for that team.
Team permission roles let you grant specific team permissions to Tempo users for only that team. By default, each team has two default permission roles: Team Lead and Member. The Team Lead automatically gets the permission to view, manage, and approve all plans and worklogs, and also to manage the team. Members do not have any team permissions by default, but the Team Lead can grant permissions to them.
Adding a permission role allows you to grant specific team permissions to multiple users at the same time, whether they are a part of the team or not. For example, you can give more or all permissions to a senior team member so that they are like a Team Lead.
You can also create multi-team permission roles from the Permission Roles page in Settings that quickly give access to data for multiple teams at once - find out how to do that here. You need the Tempo Team Administrator permission to do this.
If any of these multi-team permission roles have been created and apply to your team, they will be visible in your team's Permissions page, but will be dimmed and uneditable. They can only be edited or deleted in the Permission Roles page.
To create a team permission role:
- Select Teams in the sidebar and select the team for which you want to create permission roles.
- In the team's page, click Permissions at the upper-right. If you don't see this option, click More.
- On the team's permissions page, click + Add permission role in the upper-right.
- Enter a name for the permission role, and select the permissions this role should have.
- Click + Add users and select the users who should have these team permissions.
- When you're done, click to save the permission role.
- You can add more members to this permission role later by clicking + Add users and selecting them.
Deleting Permission Roles
The default Team Lead and Member permission roles cannot be deleted.
To delete permission roles:
- Select Teams in the sidebar.
- In the Teams view, select the team for which you want to delete permission roles.
- On the team's page, click Permissions at the upper-right. If you don't see this option, click More.
- Select the permission role you want to delete, and then click
- Click Delete to confirm.