- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Manage Staff page gives an overview of how staff is assigned to locations, teams, and workload and holiday scheme. Here you can move staff from their current holiday or workload scheme to another already existing scheme, one-by-one or in bulk. You can also view team membership and role of your staff members as well as their current and previous work location. You can edit the location history and move staff to a new location.
You can search for staff members by their name or staff ID (if enabled) or filter by their Jira status. You can also apply filters to view staff by location, workload, holiday schemes, teams, role, or Jira groups.
To access Manage Staff:
- Select Settings in the Tempo sidebar.
- Under Staff, select Manage Staff.
- In the upper left-hand corner you can see the number of people currently displayed. Selecting the check-box selects all.
- The drop-down menu to the right allows you to filter by all, active or inactive Jira users.
- Use the search box to search for staff members by their name. If the Staff id property option is enabled, you can also search the list by staff ID.
- When you have a long staff list, applying filters will help you find what you are looking for.
- By default, staff members are listed alphabetically in ascending order. You can click the arrows next to Name to reverse the order. If your organization is using the Staff id property, the ID is shown next to people's name.
- The Team Membership column shows the member's current team and role. Click a cell to also see previous and future team membership for the selected member.
- The Location column shows the staff member's current work location. Click a location to see their previous locations and/or to move the person to a new location.
- In the upper right-hand corner you can see how many staff members are selected in total. When you select members, a Reset button appears which you can use to clear your selection. Selecting members activates the available Actions.
Moving Individual Staff Members to a New Workload / Holiday Scheme
You can quickly change the workload or holiday scheme for a single employee by clicking the Workload Scheme or Holiday Scheme for the user you need to move, select the new workload or holiday scheme, and then click Move to confirm.
Moving Multiple Staff Members to a New Workload / Holiday Scheme
You can also select multiple people and move them between schemes all at once:
- Select the staff members you need to move.
- Use the search box to search for staff members.
- Apply filters to help you find the people you need. (In the example below, we are filtering by team.)
- When you have selected the people you need to move, click Actions at the top right. (You can also select Reset if you need to redo your selection.)
- Select the desired location or workload/holiday scheme, and then click Move.
- Select the Keep selection check-box if you need to continue working with the same set of users. Click Close.
Viewing Team Membership
The Team Membership column of the Mange Staff list lets you view team membership and roles of your staff members. The column shows a member's current team but you can click the column to view their other teams and roles, current, past, and future.
- In this example John Steel is currently not a member of any team. Clicking the Team Membership column for him shows that until August 5, 2019 John was working with the Marketing team and he will be joining the GreenCloud Azome team on November 7, 2019.
Viewing Location Staff History
In the Location column of the Manage Staff list you can view the location history of your staff members. The column shows a member's current location, but you can click the column to view their previous and future locations. From there you can also move them to a new location.
- Creating and Deleting Workload Schemes - Tempo Server
- Creating , Configuring, and Deleting Holiday Schemes - Tempo Server
- Creating and Deleting Staff Locations - Tempo Server 10.12 and Later
- Configuring Staff ID Property - Tempo Server
- Adding Members to and Removing Members from Tempo Teams - Tempo Server