Integrating your Google or Office 365 calendars with the My Work Calendar in Tempo Timesheets allows you to see all your scheduled meetings and other events there. Then you can quickly log time by just clicking on the event cards in My Work. If you add the Jira issue key in the title of the external calendar events (such as INT-45 Meetings), Tempo will pick up the issue key and so that you can log time to that event in just one click!
Note: Tempo does not store any information from your external calendars, and calendar events are visible in My Work only while the external calendars are connected.
- Events from your external calendars are visible in both the List and Time views of the My Work Calendar and are labeled with . You can click on the events and log time against them. This icon turns grey when a worklog has been created for the event, as a reminder of the logged time's origin.
- Pending events have a shaded background.
- Tempo uses properties like the title of your events to suggest appropriate worklog descriptions. You can always edit these before saving the worklog.
- By adding the Jira issue key in the title of external calendar events, Tempo will pick up the issue key and preselect it when you convert the external calendar event into a worklog.
- You cannot edit external calendar events in the My Work Calendar because no data from external calendars is stored in Tempo. Editing must be done in the external calendar itself.
- Every calendar event in your external calendar is visible in My Work.
- Deleting a worklog in the My Work Calendar that originates from an external calendar, will convert the worklog back to the original calendar event.
Connecting Your Google Calendar
When integrating your Google calendar with My Work, all your Google accounts are detected and you can select the one to use for syncing with Tempo.
Watch this video to see how to connect your Google Calendar:
Go to My Work.
- Click View at the top-right, and then select Google Calendar.
- You will be directed to the Tempo Apps page to sign in to your Google account. If you have more than one Google account, select the one you want to display in your My Work calendar.
- Tempo will then request access permission to your calendar. Click Allow.
- Go to My Work to see your calendar events both in List and Time view of the Calendar.
Connecting Your Office 365 Calendar
You can integrate an Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange calendar service with My Work. This account will be automatically detect the next time you connect Office 365 to My Work.
- Go to My Work .
- Click View at the top-right, and then select Office 365 Calendar.
- You will be directed to the Tempo Apps page to sign in to your Office 365 account. If you are not already signed in to your Office 365 account, enter your credentials.
- Tempo will then request access permission to your calendar. Click Yes.
- If you have more than one Office 365 calendar, select the one you want to display in your My Work calendar.
- Go to My Work to see your calendar events in both the List and Time views of the Calendar.
Disconnecting Your External Calendar
If you do not want to see your external calendar entries in My Work anymore, you can easily disconnect the calendar from My Work.
- Go to My Work .
- Click View at the top-right, and then select the calendar you want to disconnect.
- You will be directed to the Tempo Apps page to sign out of the calendar.
- Your calendar events are removed from the My Work Calendar.