Adding and editing team roles requires the Tempo Team Administrator permission.
A role defines the job done by a member of a Tempo Team. By default, members in Tempo Teams are assigned the Member role, but other roles are possible like Business Analyst, Designer, Developer, Product Owner, Scrum Master, etc. You can create new team roles and edit existing ones. You can also decide which role should be the default role.
- Select Settings in the Tempo sidebar.
- Under Staff, select Roles. (To access this in older versions of Tempo Server, go to Teams in the sidebar and then select Team Roles.)
- In the Name box, enter a name for the new team role.
- Click Add.
- The default team role is flagged. You can select a role you want to make a default role. Click the Set Default link for the role that should be default.
- To remove a role that is no longer needed, click the Delete link for the role that should be deleted. When you delete a team role, all team members assigned to the deleted role will be assigned to the default team role instead.