Viewing worklogs for team members requires the View Worklogs permission and the Browse Projects permission for each project.
To report on planned time, you need to have Tempo Planner installed. Viewing plans requires the View Plans permission.
In order to get the most out of your Tempo reports, you can apply a range of tools to sort the data. This includes applying filters, organizing the information into groups, sorting the data by columns, and adding columns to show Jira fields and work attributes.
Selecting filters for the reports allows you to see only the information you need. You can, for example, select to view time logged on a specific project or all planned work for your team. The Filter by box at the top of the report shows which filters are applied.
To filter data in a report:
- Click the Filter by box to display a list of filter options.
- Select the data you want to include in the report.
- Use the search box to search for projects, teams, accounts, etc. To add a filter, select its check-box. To remove a filter, clear the check-box or click the x beside its name in the Filter by box.
- If you select to filter by issues, you can also choose to include sub-tasks.
- Click Back to return to the list of filters.
Grouping data in your reports helps you to structure your information in a meaningful way. The groups are displayed in the report according to Jira hierarchy.
In order to avoid duplicating data in its reports, Tempo assigns time record data to the groups that they have been added to most recently. This logic applies to the following:
- Fix versions
This means that, if a time record is associated with an employee who is a member of multiple teams, Tempo reports will place the time record under the team that the employee joined most recently. Likewise, if a time record has multiple components, the one added most recently will be reflected in the reports.
To group data in a report:
- Click the Group by box to to display a list of possible choices. Select the groups you want to add.
- To remove a level of grouping, click Group by, and then click x to the right of the group level.
To simplify the report view, reports containing multiple levels of grouping do not display "empty" hierarchy levels. The following example shows a report that has been grouped by Epic/Issue/Sub-task/Worklog. No Epic hierarchy level is shown for Issue PRO-11 since it is not linked to an epic. Also, there is no hierarchy level for Sub-tasks because the issues do not have any. This makes the report look tidier and easier to read.
Sorting by alphabetical or numerical order allows you to organize and display your report's data differently. You can sort a report by the data in a particular column by clicking that column’s heading. This then sorts data according to that column’s ascending or descending order: the text is sorted from A to Z, numerical data is sorted from highest to lowest, and time/date data is sorted from earliest to latest.
- Up and down arrows next to a column name indicate that data is being sorted by that column.
- To reverse the sort order, click the column heading a second time.
- In a report with multiple grouping levels, data is grouped by the top-level group. For example, the report above shows the most number of planned hours at the top sorted by user.
Adding and Removing Columns and Work Attributes
Adding and removing columns lets you select what information is displayed in your report. For example, if you want to compare how many billable vs how many non-billable hours were spent on issues linked to an account, filter the report by Customer and group the information by Account, then add the Billable column.
Column options are not the same for Logged Time and Planned Time reports, and columns available depend on how report results are grouped, for example, some columns are only available when grouping by worklog, or when grouping by issue, etc. For example, Work attributes can only be displayed when the report is in List view and when the report is grouped by Worklog. You can hover over unavailable columns to display a tooltip that shows you what is required for the column to become available.
To add columns and work attributes:
- Click the Grid view or List view button at the upper-right. The button's label shows the currently selected view.
- Select the columns and work attributes you want to show in your report.