Configuring work attributes requires the Tempo Administrator permission.
Work attributes are custom fields that you can add to time records to record detailed information about logged time. Examples of work attributes might be "Overtime", "Non-Billable", or "Travel time". All work attributes are added to the Log Time form as hidden fields by default. You can configure the Log Time form to have them always visible.
Creating Work Attributes
Work attributes are configured in Tempo settings. You can add work attributes to be displayed in the Log Time form.
- Select Settings in the Tempo sidebar.
- Under Configuration, select Work Attributes.
- In the Name field, enter the name for the work attribute you want to create.
- If the attribute should be a required option, select the Required check-box.
- Select a Type from the drop-down menu. Available types include Checkbox, Input Field, Numeric Input Field, and Static List. You can also select Account as a Work Attribute type, which allows you to link worklogs directly to accounts. For more information about linking worklogs to accounts, see Using Accounts as Work Work Attribute and Linking it to Worklogs.
- Click Add to save.
You can change the order of custom fields (work attributes) in the Log Time form. Reorder the attributes by dragging and dropping rows in the table.
To delete a work attribute:
- Click Delete on the left-hand side of the attribute to be deleted.
- The attribute will no longer be visible in the Log Time form.
When adding a simple drop-down list (Static List), you can add items to the list as follows:
Select Static List as the work attribute type. Click the Configure link that displays in the Values column.
Enter items you want to display in the drop-down list, and click Add. Repeat this step as many times as needed. You can click and hold the bars to the left of the attribute name, and then drag the items to reorder the list.
When you are finished, click Save.
- Click Add to add the list to the Log Time form.