We will no longer be updating Cloud documentation in this space, so please be sure to check the new site for the latest documentation and learning content.
Viewing your resources in the Resource Planning view requires the View Plans permission for the teams to which the resources belong.
The Resource Planning view shows the availability of your resources and lets you see at a glance who is fully booked, who has available hours, and who is overbooked. By default, you'll see the members of all the teams that are visible to you, but you can customize the view by using filters. For example, you can display only the developers in your company, or display only your team. This lets you easily find the resources for whom you're planning work.
To filter the resources shown in the Resource Planning view:
- Select Planning in the Tempo sidebar to open the Resource Planning view.
- Click the Filter by field to display a list of options: TEAMS, USERS, or ROLES. Select one of them.
- Select one or more of the filter options in the list. Clear a checkbox to remove that option from the filter criteria. For example, if you select the TEAMS filter, you can select one or more teams to display.
The filter and its options are applied to the resources displayed in the Resource Planning view.
To remove a filter from the Filter by field:
- Click the x beside a specific filter name in the Filter by field
- Clear the checkbox for a filter in the SELECTED list
- Click Clear all to remove all filters
To save the current filter:
You can save your resource filters, making it quick and easy to use the same filters regularly.
- Click Save Filter and enter a name in the Create Resource Filter dialog if this is a new filter. This filter is added to the SAVED FILTERS list.
To apply a saved filter:
- Click in the Filter by field and select one from the SAVED FILTERS list. The resources displayed are updated to match the criteria in this filter.
To modify a saved filter:
- Make changes to a filter, then click Save filter to save the updates, or click Discard changes.
- Create a new filter with these modifications by clicking the down arrow on the Save filter button and selecting Save as from the menu. Give the new filter a name.
- Give a saved filter a new name by clicking the down arrow on the Save Filter button and selecting Rename.
To delete a filter:
- Select Delete from the Save filter menu to delete the current filter.