Adding team members requires the Tempo Team Administrator permission or the Manage Team permission for the relevant team.
When you add members to a team, you can assign a role to each member, as well as the dates on which they join or leave the team.
To add or remove a member from a team:
- Select Teams in the Tempo sidebar.
- In the Teams view, click the name of the team to which you want to add members.
- The team's overview is displayed. Click the Add Member link, at the bottom.
- Start typing the name of the user you want to add to the team, and select from the matching results. Complete the Add Member dialog box:
- Role - Select the Role that the user will fulfill in the team. By default, member is selected. Jira administrators can add new roles to this list.
- Joining - Optional. The date the user will be joining this team.
- Leaving - Optional. The date the user will be leaving this team.
- Click Save to add the new team member.
Adding Jira Groups to a Team
You can add Jira groups to a Tempo team as a way to quickly add members. The Jira groups are added as a single entity so you cannot define each member's role, commitment, or joining and leaving dates.
Note that membership changes (such as adding a new member) to this Jira user group are automatically updated in the Tempo team, so you don't need to do anything to keep this up-to-date.
- In the Teams view, select the team to which you want to add the Jira group.
- In the team overview, click Add Jira Groups at the bottom. You can also add Active directory groups.
- Start typing the name of the user group you want to add to the team, and select it from the matching results.
- When you have selected all the groups you want to add to the team, click Next.
- The dialog box will show how many users will be added to the team. Click Confirm to add these members to the team.
Removing Members from a Team
If a team member is no longer working on the team's projects, you may want to remove them from the team.
- In the Teams view, select the team from which you want to remove members.
- Rest the mouse pointer on the team member you want to remove.
- Click the x to remove the team member from the team.