Creating, configuring, and deleting holiday schemes requires the Tempo Administrator or Tempo Team Administrator permission.
A holiday scheme defines the set of statutory holidays. You can create holiday schemes to manage different types of holidays in each country or location in which your company has an office. Holiday schemes do not contain information about personal vacation days.
In contrast to Workload Schemes, holiday schemes define the days where no work is logged or planned: they essentially reduce the required working hours. For example, if you normally work 40 hours per week (8 hours per day for 5 days), one holiday in a week would reduce the number of required working hours to 32. You don't log time to, or plan time on, holiday hours.
Note that by design, fixed and floating days can only be set up one day at a time.
To create a holiday scheme:
- Select Settings in the Tempo sidebar.
- Under Working Days in the Settings sidebar, select Holidays.
- In the Holiday view, fill in the fields at the top of the schemes list:
- Name - Enter a name for the scheme.
- Description - Optional. Enter a description for the scheme.
- Click Add. The new scheme is added to the list in the Holiday view. You can now add days and members to your scheme.
- Click Set Default to the right of the holiday scheme if you want to be the default. When set as default, new users are added to that holiday scheme automatically.
- You can edit the name and description of the holiday scheme inline.
Adding Members to Holiday Schemes
Adding users to a holiday scheme will remove them from any other holiday schemes they are included in. If you wish, you can move users from one holiday scheme to another.
To add a member to a holiday scheme:
- Click Members to the right of the holiday scheme to which you want to add members.
- To include a user in the holiday scheme, search for the user, and then click Add. When a member is added, a Move drop-down button is displayed. You can then quickly move a member to another holiday scheme if necessary.
You can move employees from one holiday scheme to another, for example if they move to a different country, state, or region.
- Click Members to the right of the holiday scheme to which the employee belongs.
- Click Move for the employee you want to move, and then select the new holiday scheme.
You can add new public holidays to holiday schemes.
To add days to a holiday scheme:
- Click the Configure to the right of the holiday scheme to which you want to add days.
Enter information about each holiday, either fixed or floating:
- Fixed: Fixed holidays are holidays that are always on the same date each year, such as New years day. For fixed holidays, you must specify the date and month.
- Floating: Floating holidays are holidays that change dates each year, such as the Easter holidays. For floating holiday you must specify the date, month, and year and you need to create a separate entry for each year.
- Click Add to save.
- To remove a holiday from the scheme, click delete to the right of the holiday.
Deleting Holiday Schemes
You can only delete a holiday scheme if it has no current members. If the scheme has members, you must first move them to another holiday scheme.
- Click Delete to the right of the holiday scheme name.