Creating and deleting workload schemes requires the Tempo Administrator or Tempo Team Administrator permission.
Workload schemes contain information about the days and hours in different types of working weeks. Create or edit workload schemes to manage different types of users' workload. The required hours per day calculation is based on a user's workload scheme. You must assign all users to a Tempo workload scheme. New users are automatically added to the default Workload Scheme.
To create a workload scheme:
- Select Settings in the Tempo sidebar.
- Under Working Days in the Settings sidebar, select Workload.
- In the Workload view, fill in the fields at the top of the scheme list:
- Name - Enter a name for the scheme.
- Description - Optional. Enter a description for the scheme.
- Enter the working hours for each day of the workload scheme.
- Click Add. The new scheme is added to the list in the Workload view. You can now add or move members to your scheme.
- Click Set Default to the right of the workload scheme that you want to be the default. New users are automatically added to the default workload scheme when they access Tempo.
- You can edit the name, description, and working hours of the workload scheme inline.
Adding Members to Workload Schemes
Adding users to a workload scheme will remove them from any other workload schemes they are included in. You can move users from one workload scheme to another.
To add a member to a workload scheme:
- On the Workload page, click Members to the right of the relevant workload scheme.
To include a user in the workload scheme, search for the user, and then click Add. When a member is added, a Move drop-down button is displayed. You can then quickly move a member to another holiday scheme if necessary.
You can move employees from one workload scheme to another if, for example, they move to a different country with different weekend days, or change between part-time and full-time work.
To move a member to another workload scheme:
- Click Members to the right of the workload scheme.
- Click Move for the employee you want to move, and then select the new workload scheme.
You cannot delete workload scheme if there are members assigned to it. You must first move the members to another workload scheme so that it's empty.
To delete a workload scheme:
- Click Delete to the right of the workload scheme.