- Team Timeline is a Classic Team Planning feature that was made "Legacy" Feature in Tempo Planner 7.13.0. Classic Team Planning features are disabled by default for version 7.13.0 and later.
- Enabling the Classic Team Planning features requires the Tempo Administrator permission.
- Creating and editing plans in the Team Planning Timeline requires the View Team Plans and the Manage Team Plans permissions for the team for which you are planning.
In the Team Timeline you can create a plan for a team member or for the whole team to work on an issue, project, version, or component.
To access the Team Planning Timeline:
- Select Planning in the Tempo sidebar. Click at the top-right, and then select Timeline.
To create a plan for a single day, point to the date box for the relevant team member, and click the plus that appears. You can click and drag the pointer across days to plan for longer periods. The Create Plan side panel opens to the right of the timeline.
- Fill in the requested information in the Create Plan side panel.
- When you are finished, click Save. The plane is created on the timeline, and the Plan details side panel is displayed. The Plan details side panel shows information about the plan and the associated plan item.
Creating Plans by Dragging Issues to the Timeline
Alternatively, you can create a plan for work on an issue by dragging Jira issues from the Issue Suggestions side panel onto the Team Timeline.
- If not already displayed, do one of the following to open access the Issue Suggestions side panel:
- If the Create plan or Plan details side panel is displayed, close that panel.
- If no side panel is displayed, click at the lower-right.
- The lists of unresolved issues are displayed in a side panel. Click the various tabs to view the different grouping of issues. You can click to see mover categories. You can also view issues tied to a specific Jira filter.
- Compare the remaining time that is estimated for resolving an issue with the remaining time that is already planned for work on the issue.
- Drag an issue from the side panel and drop it onto a team member's row or to the team row on the timeline. The amount of time in the Remaining estimate is used to calculate the amount of time scheduled for the plan.
- To edit the amount of time scheduled, click on the issue in the timeline. The Plan details sidebar will show all of the information from the planned task. Scroll down to Planned time and click the estimate to change it.
You can select to repeat plans. The repeat frequency can be:
"EVERY TWO WEEKS"
You can set how often you want the plan to repeat in the Create Plan side panel when you create the plan, or when editing a plan in the Plan details side panel.
Please note that if a plan's repetition occurs on a weekend, it will not be visible in the timeline. For example, if a plan is created on 1st of January 2020 and is set to repeat monthly ending on the 31st of March 2020, the plans will not be visible because the 1st of both February and March occur on a weekend.
Also, if a plan is for a period of 31 days and is set to repeat monthly, the planning parameter is set to 31 days. This means that if the original full 31 day plan is for January, February's plan will start as scheduled on the 1st of February. The next recurrence will not start until the 3rd of March, as that is the 31st day since the 1st of February.